Thanks for stopping by!
→ My Projects
Various things that I'm working on:
- I do a Twitch stream, please join as I work on the code behind Modding-OpenMW.com, various OpenMW-Lua mods, and any other project I end up hacking on.
- I'm a contributor to the OpenMW project, which is creating a GPL3-licensed 3D game engine that's compatible with The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind from scratch.
- Modding-OpenMW.com started as a small site for my personal modded Morrowind+OpenMW setup, and is now a reasonably large catalogue of mods and information about their usability with the OpenMW engine. Source code is viewable here, subscribe to the mailing list here.
- The Modding-OpenMW Gitlab org is a hub for OpenMW mods I've created as well as resources and tools for creating and self-hosting your own mods.
- WEM is a command-line tool for managing wine environments. Inspired by Lutris and rbenv.
- This website is an ongoing project, check out the source code at Sourcehut!
- mpd-info is a very small Flask application that's designed to serve up bits of track info over HTTP, in json format. This is what powers the song info on my radio page!
- xbps.hristos.net is where I host packages for Void Linux.
→ VO Work
Projects that feature voice over or voice acting work by me:
- Investigations at Tel Eurus (Morrowind Modding Madness 2022)
- Starwind Dark Apprentice
- Starwind 3.0 - A Star Wars Conversion (total conversion mod for Morrowind and OpenMW)
- MOR & White Pony Promo
- Powerslave and MOR @ Brauer House 2022-06-17 promo announcement
- OpenMW Roadmap Update (2022 April Fools' Day joke)
- One Day Morrowind Modernization (this was a livestream with Rob of Rob's Red Hot Spot)
- OpenMW 0.47.0 Release Announcement
- OpenMW 0.46.0 Release Commentary
Some of them, in no particular order:
- Charles Farce: You may know him for his work on StepMania, but he's also done art for some of my projects including: pixel art for games, and fliers for various shows that bands I've been in have played.
- Daniil Baturin: He's the creator of Soupault, which is the static site generator I use to create this very website. He's also created tunes for a game project I worked on.
- Ben F. Joyner: We collaborate on code, art, and musical ventures, among other things. He created the logos for MousikóFídi and WEM.
- Paolo Bolzoni: We've collaborated on several Morrowind/OpenMW modding projects. Author of Forested Morrowind and other great mods.
- Darkseid's Couch is a podcast about comics, featuring one of my best friends.
- Dave Corley is one of the many fine individuals I've met via the Morrowind/OpenMW community, one of the Modding-OpenMW.com team but we hack on various other projects as well.
→ Things I Like
Also in no particular order:
- Sourcehut is an excellent code forge that doesn't try to lock you in with "features", which only serve to abstract useful things that are already built into git itself.
GNU Emacs is my text editor of choice for various reasons.
M-x tetris RET!
- Magit is one of the most important tools in my workflow. It's my favorite git client.
- The MiSTer FPGA project is one of my favorite classic gaming efforts. Accuracy-focused, FPGA-based emulation on the DE-10 Nano board.
- ROMhacking.net is a huge catalogue of patches and fan translations for games for various consoles, as well as a forum where projects are blossomed and discussed.
- Void Linux is my Linux distribution of choice (since 2015).
- For over 20 years and counting, JiiHoo Tabs has been my go-to place for accurate, well-made NOFX tabs for guitar and bass. He does a few other bands - even trumpet parts too!